IB ACIO Syllabus 2023: The Intelligence Bureau of India (IB) is conducting the IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 for 995 Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) Grade-II Executive posts. Candidates who are going to appear for the IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 should go through the detailed IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 in order to plan and strategize their preparation. In this article, we have covered the detailed IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern. Go through this article to know more about the IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern.
IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern
There will be three stages in the IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 as per the IB ACIO Exam Pattern 2023. The stages of the IB ACIO Selection Process are as follows:
Tier 1 (Phase-1):
- Nature: Written exam with multiple-choice questions.
- Content: Covers various subjects to assess candidates’ knowledge.
Tier 2 (Phase-2):
- Nature: Written exam requiring descriptive answers.
- Passing Criteria: Candidates must score a minimum of 33%.
- Purpose: Further evaluate candidates’ understanding and expression.
- Nature: Interactive session assessing personality and suitability.
- Criteria: Based on performance in Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams.
- Final Selection: Determines the selection of candidates for the position.
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Considers academic knowledge and communication skills.
IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 Notification Out for 995 Posts: Download Here
IB ACIO Exam Pattern 2023
The IB ACIO Written Exam will be held in two phases: Phase I which is Objective in nature and Phase II which is Descriptive in nature. Check the detailed IB ACIO Exam Pattern 2023 below.
IB ACIO Phase 1 Exam Pattern 2023
- The IB ACIO Phase I Exam is a Written Exam of 100 Marks.
- The Exam is Objective in nature and consists of MCQs.
- There are five main sections in this paper- Current Affairs, General Studies, Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Aptitude, and English Language.
- The time duration for this exam is 60 minutes.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Current Affairs||20||20||1 Hour|
|Reasoning and Logical Aptitude||20||20|
IB ACIO Phase 2 Exam Pattern 2023
- The phase 2 exam is descriptive in nature.
- The paper is divided into two sections- Essay Writing and Comprehension.
- The total mark for this paper is 50 marks.
- The exam duration is 60 minutes.
|English comprehension & précis writing||20|
IB ACIO Syllabus 2023
There are five main topics in the IB Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2023. These are:
- Current Affairs: National and International Current Affairs.
- General Studies
- Numerical Ability
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
Check the detailed IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 Topic-wise in the table below.
|IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 for General Studies||IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 for Numerical Ability & Reasoning||IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 for English Language||IB ACIO Syllabus 2023 for Quantitative Aptitude|
|History||Alphanumeric series||Spellings Correction||Number systems, Percentages|
|Physics||Reasoning Analogies||Improvement||Mensuration, Ration, and Time|
|Biology||Artificial Language||Verbal Comprehension Passage||Averages, Profit, and loss|
|Current Affairs||Blood Relations||Adjectives||Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Decimals|
|Science & Technology||Calendars||Detecting Mis-spelt words||Use of tables and graphs, Computation of whole numbers|
|Indian Polity & Constitution||Cause and Effect||Idioms and Phrases||Relationship between numbers, Operations Research & Linear Programming|
|Geography||Clocks||Passage||Differential Geometry, Dynamics|
|Chemistry||Coding-Decoding||Verbs||Essential Mathematics, Calculus|
|Static GK||Data Sufficiency||Clauses||Real Analysis, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations|
|Economy & Finance||Decision Making||Fill in the blanks||Computation of Whole numbers, Time and Distance|
|Directions||Spot the error||Ration and Proportion, Interest|
|Odd One Out||Vocabulary||Differential Equations, Statistics|
|Puzzles||Grammar||Time and Work, Fractions|
|Order & Ranking||Sentence Structure||Analytical Geometry, Statistics|
|Statement and Assumptions||LCM and HCF, Ratios|
|Statement and Conclusions||Percentage, Factoring|
|Age, Profit and Loss|
|Missing Numbers, Average|
|Prices and Expenditure Problems, Simple and Compound Interest|
|Time and Work, Mensuration|
|Volume, Time and Distance|
|Fractions, Series Completion|
IB ACIO Interview 2023
Candidates who will clear the cut-off for Phases 1 and 2 of the IB ACIO Exam 2023 will be called for the final stage of selection which is the IB ACIO Interview 2023. The IB ACIO Interview 2023 is held for 100 marks. The interview aims to assess the candidate’s suitability for a career in the Intelligence Bureau and evaluates the candidate’s personality, communication skills, and overall demeanor.
Also Check: IB ACIO Salary 2023