UP Police SI Syllabus 2023
UP SI Syllabus 2023: The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) conducts the UP Police SI Exam for the recruitment of Sub-Inspector in the Police Department of Uttar Pradesh. The preparation for any exam requires complete knowledge of the syllabus of that particular exam. This page gives you an insight into the UP Police SI Syllabus 2023. Going through the syllabus and exam pattern will help you understand the important topics that have weightage marks so that you can get to put extra effort into those topics.
UP Police SI Syllabus 2023
The following are the highlights of the UP Police SI Syllabus 2023-
UP SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
Let’s take a look at the exam format before we dive into the UP Police SI Syllabus. The UP Police SI Exam Pattern reveals the areas and subjects that will be covered in the exam. The UP Police SI CBT will be held on several dates and shifts. Candidates who receive a minimum of 35 % in each topic and an overall score of 50 % will qualify for the next round.
- The test will be available in both Hindi and English language except for General Hindi
- The online test for UP Police SI will consist of Multiple Choice Questions or MCQs.
- Time Duration for Online Exam is 120 Minutes (02 Hours)
- UP SI Online Exam will be of a total of 400 Marks comprising of 160 questions in total.
- The candidates will get 2.5 marks for the correct answer while no deduction will be made for the wrong answer.
- The UP Police SI Online Exam will comprise of Four Parts/Subjects in SI Exam, where each section will have 40 Questions & 100 Marks.
- Questions will ask from General Hindi, Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge, Numerical & Mental Ability Test, Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Test/Test of Reasoning.
- There is No Negative Marking in UP Police SI Exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the written test will be 35% of the total marks.
UP SI Syllabus 2023
Now let us have a look at the syllabus for the UP Police SI Exam 2023. The UP Police SI Syllabus 2022 will comprise of the following four subjects:
- General Hindi
- Numerical & Mental Ability Test
- Basic Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
- Mental Aptitude Test/ Intelligence Quotient Test/ Reasoning
UP SI Syllabus For General Hindi
The UP Police SI Syllabus for General Hindi/सामान्य हिंदी is listed below:
- Hindi & Other Indian languages/ हिंदी और अन्य भारतीय भाषाएँ.
- हिन्दी वर्णमाला.
- Hindi Grammar/ हिंदी व्याकरण.
- Antonym, Synonym/एंटोनियम, पर्यायवाची.
- One word Substitution/एकार्थी शब्द.
- Comprehension/अपठित बोध.
- Tatasam and Tadbhav/तत्सम एवं तदभव.
- उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय.
- सन्धि, समास.
- वाक्यांशों के लिए शब्द निर्माण.
- Phrases and Idioms/लोकोक्तियाँ एवं मुहावरे.
- त्रुटि से सम्बंधित अनेकार्थी शब्द.
- वाक्य संशोधन.
- Singular and Plural/वचन.
- रस, छन्द, अलंकार.
- प्रसिद्ध कवि, लेखक एवं उनकी प्रसिद्ध रचनायें.
- हिन्दी भाषा में पुरस्कार.
UP SI Syllabus For Numerical & Mental Ability Test
The UP Police SI Syllabus for Numerical and Mental Ability Test is listed below:
Numerical Ability Test
Numerical Ability Test covers the following topics:
- Number System.
- HCF LCM.
- Use of Table & Graph.
- Decimal & Fraction.
- Compound and Simple Interest.
- Profit & Loss, Discount.
- Time & Work, Distance.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Mensuration & Miscellaneous.
Mental Ability Test
Mental Ability Test covers the following topics:
- Logical Diagrams.
- Symbol-Relationship Interpretation.
- Codification Perception Test.
- Word formation Test.
- Letter and number series.
- Word and alphabet.
- Common Sense Test.
- Letter and number coding.
- Direction sense Test.
- Logical interpretation of data.
- The forcefulness of argument.
- Determining implied meanings.
UP SI Syllabus For Basic Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
The Basic Law section covers the following topics
- Human Rights.
- Traffic Rules.
- National Security Issues.
- Principle of Crime Punishment.
- Right of Self Defense.
- General Knowledge about Law.
- General Knowledge about Indian Constitution.
- Aim of the Constitution.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Directive principles.
- Rules & Regulations of constitutional Amendments.
- All India Service.
- Information about social Law related to women & children.
- Reservation of SC/ ST.
- Wild Life Conservation.
The General Knowledge section covers the following topics:
- General Science.
- Award and Honors.
- Books and Authors.
- Current Affairs of National & International Importance.
- Indian Politics & Economics.
- Questions from the events that happen in daily life especially from the perspective of General Science.
- Indian History: Focus will be on Knowledge of Financial, Social, Religious & Political Parties. Under the Indian Freedom Movement knowledge about Nature & Specialty of the Indian Freedom Movement, the Rise of nationalism & How we get Freedom is expected.
- World Geography: General Knowledge will be tested about the Physical/ Ecology of India, Economical, Social, Demographic Issues.
UP SI Syllabus For Mental Aptitude Test/ IQ Test/Reasoning
Mental Aptitude Test
The Mental Aptitude section covers the following topics:
- Law and order.
- Communal harmony.
- Crime Control.
- Rule of law.
- The ability of Adaptability.
- Professional Information (Basic level).
- Police System.
- Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order.
- Basic Law.
- Interest in Profession.
- Mental toughness.
- Sensitivity towards minorities and the underprivileged.
- Gender sensitivity.
Intelligence Quotient Test
The Intelligent Quotient Test covers the following topics:
- Relationship and Analogy Test.
- Spotting out the dissimilar.
- Series Completion.
- Direction Sense Test.
- Blood Relation.
- Problems based on the alphabet.
- Time sequence test.
- Venn Diagram and chart type test.
- Mathematical ability Test.
- Arranging in order.
The Reasoning section covers the following topics:
- Visual memory.
- Space visualization.
- Observation, Relationships.
- Arithmetical reasoning.
- Verbal and figure classification.
- Arithmetical number series.
- Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships.
- Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
- Analysis and Judgment.
Download UP Police SI Syllabus PDF
UP Police SI Physical Standard Test, PST
The candidates who will qualify for the written test for the UP Police SI will be called to appear for the Physical Standard Test. The required physical standards for the post of UP Police SI are stated below.
UP Police SI PST
|Gen/OBC/SC||168 cms||79-84 cms|
|ST||160 cms||77-82 cms|
Female Candidates should at least weigh 40 kg.
Male Candidates should have a minimum chest expansion of 5 cm.
UP Police SI Physical Efficiency Test, PET
Candidates who clear the Physical Standard test will qualify for the Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates have to cover a certain distance in a specific time period, details of which are mentioned below
|Race||4.8 km to be completed
within 28 minutes
|2.4 km to be completed
within 16 minutes